Monday, September 24, 2018

"Signature Dishes," by Paul Coulter

Constructor's Comments

I'm a big fan of cooking shows, so the base phrases are all household names to me.  Hope they were familiar to solvers.  Some of the others that didn't make the cut were JAMES BEER, JAMIE OLIVE, and JULIA CHILI.  I'm glad I managed to work in SAUSAGE ROLL and COOKOUT, but I wish I could have had a food-related phrase for the other long down.  As regulars on the L.A. Times Crossword Corner blog have noted, I tend to have a lot of food items in many of my LATs.  Maybe it's because I'm usually hungry while constructing.


3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    I believe it is actually Ina Garten (with a “T”). I enjoyed the puzzle - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never mind I just finished and I see the jokes...very clever!! I actually laughed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, so glad you enjoyed this one! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete