Monday, November 26, 2018

"Female Leads," by Brian Gubin

Constructor's Comments

First of all, I would like to give thanks to David for taking a look at my puzzle and deeming it worthy of publication.  I started construction for fun and am still shocked when a puzzle of mine is published.  As for this puzzle in particular, I don't exactly remember a specific moment of inspiration, but I vacillated between using LADIES FIRST or LEADING LADIES.  I went with the former and think it turned out well.  The SW of the grid probably took the longest time to fill.  I liked BASE TAN in the NW so I built around that.  I didn't want to tax the grid too much with themers but was also considering answers revolving around Lady Godiva, Lady Luck, and Lady Marmalade.  I hope everyone enjoys the puzzle.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the puzzle, Brian. Good call on your choice of revealers. 13-letter final themers are asking for trouble. And anyway, C.C. kind of scooped you with LEADINGLADY right here on the Puzzle Society back on July 2.

    ReplyDelete