Tuesday, December 25, 2018

"Santa's Little Helpers," by Alex Eaton-Salners

Constructor's Comments

I don't often remember where I was when I came up with a particular puzzle idea.  In this case, I have clear recollection.  I was in the Mickey & Friends parking structure at Disneyland.  Realizing that ELF ON THE SHELF was amenable to a symmetric layout with both ELFs placeable on "shelves" was the key insight driving the puzzle's creation.  It was a bit challenging to find a block layout that worked without creating any pseudoshelves, but I'm pleased with how everything came together in the end.  Happy Holidays!


1 comment:

  1. Good one, Alex. A nice, SPRITE-ly puzzle. It's FAIRY obvious you put a lot of work into this. Okay, GNOME more puns. I'll just say, Happy Holidays to all! We'll soon be GOBLIN our Christmas turkey.

    ReplyDelete