Thursday, August 9, 2018

"Covert Ops," by Jules Markey

Constructor's Comments

This puzzle is another in a series of trying to hide words in phrases and repurpose another phrase to describe what's happening.  The repurposed revealer is usually the seed entry.  A well-worn puzzle conceit, but I hope solvers found this one interesting.  David tweaked it a bit to polish it up.  I had a hard time coming up with a satisfactory clue for the revealer, so I'm looking forward to his take.  An earlier version of the puzzle had the entry MADE A BOO-BOO in it; I'll let you figure out what the embedded word is.

1 comment:

  1. While solving, the scowl-o-meter spiked when I thought you were not very successfully embedding SECOND in the last one, but then I realized it was NOSE. Good job. Too bad there isn't a famous marGO O'Donnelly.

    ReplyDelete