Tuesday, September 18, 2018

"And I'm the Queen of England!" by Stu Ockman

Constructor's Comments

When a friend mentioned that Elizabeth had more nicknames than any other name in the English language, I was off and running.  With so many nicknames, it's hard to know where to draw the line.

David asked me to ditch LILY and BITSY in favor of LILI and BUFFY (ours not to reason why).  And ELSA and ELLA disappeared from the NW and SE corners and LIZA changed to LISA in favor of cleaner fill.  If you'd like to see even more options, here's a good source.

This is one of my recent puzzles.  In fact, I've only constructed two more since:  a picture frame grid and a Greek themeless.  Looks like I need to start constructing more (and working less).  I was particularly happy to be able to include the diagonal run of seven nicknames from BEBE in the NE to BESS in the SW.

Hope you enjoyed this one.  And, if your given name is ELIZABETH, you may want to consider some new options.


No comments:

Post a Comment